Quickly Gain Operational Agility
- Reduce CAPEX and OPEX by eliminating the need to purchase and manage additional SAN
- Opt for a consumption-based pricing model to maximize efficiency
- Ensure security and compliance by relying on a storage solution located in existing colocation facilities
Manage Costs, Security, and Resiliency
Storage as a Service provides encrypted storage for colocation customers with security, resiliency and redundancy built in. Storage as a Service is accessible via physical cross-connect in DataBank data center locations, which eliminates costly retrieval charges and any potential concerns decision makers may have with public cloud storage options. This solution is an excellent fit for colocation customers who require additional storage capacity and a fast, efficient way to increase it. DataBank Storage as a Service removes the financial burdens of expanding storage clusters and enhances security and compliance. Running out of local SAN space, fielding the costs of purchasing new SAN and leaning on IT analysts to manage storage are obstacles of the past.
Storage as a Service Technical Specifications
- Available via iSCSI protocol, delivered via SMF (or CAT6, depending on site) in either 1 GB or 10 GB port speeds.
- SAN (block) storage
- Encryption available
- LUN is mapped to customer server(s)
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and VMware